Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 84: How to Easily Remove Labels from Jars (success).

Pinterest pin and website link.

This worked great to remove a label -- but as I'm typing this, I realize that I read the ingredients wrong and so I made up my own recipe!  Here is my empty glass jar with an adhered label:
I tried to remove the top of the label prior to completing the pin, but I didn't have much success... 
I then mixed equal parts baking soda and vinegar (she says to use vegetable oil) into a runny paste.  I was wondering why she didn't mention that there would be foaming reaction when you mix the baking soda and vinegar together -- but I now realize that it's because she didn't mix those two!  Apply a thick layer of the paste over the label portion, let sit for 10 minutes, and then simply wipe away the paper / adhesive stuck to the jar.  I'll try the baking soda and vegetable oil combination next time, but this recipe did the trick and didn't leave an oily residue!
Verdict: SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment